“Reach for the stars!” they tell us. ”Don’t stop chasing your dreams!” they say. We hear over and over again that we should go after what we “really want.” TED Talks, inspirational memes, and our therapists tell us to just “go for it.” Yeah, we should!
Meanwhile, real people are like, “yeah, right”. It’s much easier said than done!
There are so many unanswered questions and unaddressed fears that hinder us. The uncertainty of success prevents us from trying.
Sometimes you need more than inspiration – you need proof! You need information that will validate your goal and motivate you to take that risk. You need resources that will quell those fears and help you feel more secure about your decision.
That’s why we are hosting an incredible event for women who want to make a career change.
Check out Bootcamp to Engineer: How I Got My Job.
We believe that the best way to make a tough decision is to arm yourself with the information and resources that will carry you through to your success. On June 2nd you will hear from women who risked everything to become software engineers. Now they are influential, successful, and most importantly, HAPPY! You’ll also hear from the hiring managers at Hackbright’s partner companies about hiring and onboarding bootcamp grads. Read a little bit about our speakers below.
- Kyla Farrell joins the panel as both Hackbright Alumna and engineering manager at Lanetix. She began her career in Architecture and Construction before transitioning to Software Engineering.
- Josh Leven has founded two ed-tech companies, and is now working at a third (NoRedInk) where he’s helped grow the team from 2 to 30 people.
- Terri Wong graduated in Hong Kong with a BS degree in Digital Graphic Communication & Business. She is another Hackbright Alumna and a Software Engineer at GoDaddy.
- Elsa Birch has a PhD from Stanford in Chemical Engineering. After graduating from Hackbright, she is now a Software Engineer at Pinterest.
- Wayne Wight is passionate about growing diverse, collaborative, engaged development teams. He is a Hiring Manager at Lever.
Come to our free event this Thursday, June 2nd to learn from these women and men, and connect with others who are also considering a big change. Discover the resources and services Hackbright Academy provides to our graduates to help them succeed. Then, go forth and #changetheratio!
- Admissions Office (23)
- Alum (82)
- Blog (136)
- Career Services (24)
- Diversity (17)
- Engineering Advice (55)
- Hackbright Field Trips (24)
- Hackbright Mentors (20)
- Hackbright News (104)
- Podcast (2)
- Profiles of Woman Engineers (90)
- Recruiting & Hiring (15)
- Resources (33)
- Student Blogs (22)
- Tech (47)
- Thought Piece (18)
- Video (20)