DevBeat (November 12-13 in the Regency Center, San Francisco) is the can’t-miss event for those bright, motivated, mid-career developers. (Read: at least one year of experience as a software engineer)
Hackbright Academy is excited to be a media partner of DevBeat 2013!
Learn from Hackbright Academy lead instructor and co-founder Christian Fernandez as he teaches a Master Class – “an introduction to Python Obscura” – at DevBeat this Tuesday, November 12 from 2:40pm to 3:35pm at Sutter Annex. Here is the Master Class description from DevBeat –
VentureBeat writer Jolie O’Dell describes DevBeat –
What to expect at DevBeat 2013:
• Dive into workshops on security, design, and dev team leadership
• Hear talks from hackers like DHH, Stallman, Lerdorf, and many others
• Make decisions about what to learn, do, and be in the years to come
• Hack hardware hands-on with your peers
• Venture deeper into polyglot territory
• Explore new career paths
The program is high-level but hands-on, featuring two main tracks: one with focused Master Classes and active participation, and one with lean-back learning from hacker heroes. Register here with discount code “Bright” and save 30% on your ticket to DevBeat!
• Rasmus Lerdorf, Creator, PHP
• David Heinemeir Hansson, Creator, Ruby on Rails
• Tim Bray, Dev Advocate, Google
• Tom Preston-Werner, Co-Founder & CEO, GitHub
• Raymond Camden, Senior Developer Evangelist, Adobe
• Jeff Lawson, Co-Founder and CEO, Twilio
• Alex Payne, Programmer, Writer & Angel Investor
• Jonathan LeBlanc, Principal Developer Evangelist, PayPal
• Eric Minick, DevOps Evangelist, IBM
• See them all here
Networking: What would an event be without a good party? During your downtime, you’ll have plenty of time to network with 400 awesome developers during beer breaks, quick-connect sessions, receptions, and more.
Looking for new job opportunities, or for a developer to work with you at your own company? This is your chance to meet brilliant, motivated developers in a practical, focused environment.
Why DevBeat? If you’re good now but want to be the best, if you feel like you’ve hit a plateau, if you need inspiration from peers and coding heroes, come to DevBeat. You’ll leave with the latest tools, insights, and cutting-edge ideas to take your craft to the next level.
Register here with discount code “Bright” and save 30% on your ticket to DevBeat 2013!
- Admissions Office (16)
- Alum (71)
- Blog (72)
- Career Services (15)
- Diversity (15)
- Engineering Advice (43)
- Hackbright Field Trips (24)
- Hackbright Mentors (17)
- Hackbright News (97)
- Profiles of Woman Engineers (69)
- Recruiting & Hiring (12)
- Resources (20)
- Student Blogs (17)
- Tech (33)
- Thought Piece (10)
- Video (20)