It’s time! We’re currently accepting applications for our upcoming Software Engineering Fellowship, which begins on April 4, 2016. We’re running rolling admissions until February 1st. There are only four opportunities per year to apply – so if you’ve been thinking about it, now is the time.
3 Helpful Resources for Applicants:
- Application Workshop – New! Join us on January 23rd for our application workshop where Dori Grant, Admissions Manager, and Hackbright Instructors will be available to provide strategies and suggestions on how to craft your application for the Fellowship program. For students who are outside the SF area, set up a 15 minute phone appt during the same time. We don’t want an application to stand in the way of a powerful career change. Snacks and coffee will be served! RSVP here.
Our biggest piece of advice? Apply early. Hackbright implements rolling admissions, so we encourage you to submit your application early to better your chances of admittance. We get the highest amount of applications as the deadline gets closer (so beat the rush!).
The Application Process:
Our application process is basic in it’s structure:
- Submit your one page application along with a coding challenge.
- Within two weeks of receiving your completed application, a member of our Admissions team will contact you regarding next steps.
- If selected to move forward, you will be invited to interview. (There are 2 rounds of interviews.)
- A final decision will be made and you will be notified within 2-5 days after your last interview.
Spring 2016 Program Information
- Mentorship Program: Unique to Hackbright Academy is our extensive network of enthusiastic mentors here to support Hackbrighters through their career transition. See our Mentorship page to learn about the support you receive as a Hackbright fellow! Each fellow is connected with up to three mentors who come from companies such as BrightRoll, LinkedIn, Yelp and more.
- Career Services: Committed to student success, our Career Services team is here to help individuals get the support, skills and confidence to get the job they want upon completing the program. It’s not just about gaining the skills, it’s about being connected to the engineering teams that are looking to hire and that fit your ideal work culture.
- Bigger Impact: We’re excited to announce that in 2016 we’ll have two classes – meaning more students will be admitted into the program. The teacher/student ratio will remain low to keep Hackbright’s signature student experience. Our goal is to provide more women the Hackbright opportunity in the new year to help accomplish our mission of getting more women on engineering teams!
- Admissions Office (25)
- Alum (97)
- Blog (155)
- Career Services (26)
- Diversity (17)
- Engineering Advice (59)
- Hackbright Field Trips (24)
- Hackbright Mentors (21)
- Hackbright News (105)
- Podcast (2)
- Profiles of Woman Engineers (104)
- Recruiting & Hiring (15)
- Resources (44)
- Student Blogs (24)
- Tech (50)
- Thought Piece (20)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Video (20)