Facebook’s former Director of Engineering Jocelyn Goldfein recently sat down with Femgineer, an education resource for tech professionals, to discuss how to prioritize competing goals when creating products.
Technologists want to build products that are friendly, fast, beautiful, reliable, secure, and scalable. But the reality is that time and resources can be limited, and not everything can be rolled out at the same time. What’s an engineer to do?
Jocelyn and Femgineer founder Poornima Vijayashanker explain how to strategically choose your priorities. In the video below, they discuss:
- Why you can’t always, “Move fast and break things.”
- The biggest mistake developers make
- Why some companies are better positioned to take risks than others. (Hint: Do people want your product or need it?)
Be sure to watch the interview below and check out more helpful resources on the Femgineer blog!
- Admissions Office (24)
- Alum (88)
- Blog (148)
- Career Services (25)
- Diversity (17)
- Engineering Advice (56)
- Hackbright Field Trips (24)
- Hackbright Mentors (20)
- Hackbright News (105)
- Podcast (2)
- Profiles of Woman Engineers (96)
- Recruiting & Hiring (15)
- Resources (33)
- Student Blogs (24)
- Tech (49)
- Thought Piece (19)
- Video (20)