Ready to join our next class of software engineers? We’re looking for passionate, dedicated women like you.
We’re currently accepting applications for our upcoming Winter Software Engineering Fellowship (which begins January 2016)! Enrollment deadline is Nov 6th. There are only four opportunities per year to apply – so if you’ve been thinking about it, now is the time.
Here are a few helpful resources:
- Hackbright’s NEW Admissions page with tips, tricks and more details on the Admissions process (including our recent post
- Our upcoming Info Session on October 21st provides an opportunity to hear from our instructors, career services team, alumnae and see if the program is the right fit for you. RSVP here (livestream option available!)
- Our biggest advice? Apply early. Hackbright implements rolling admissions so we encourage you to submit your application now in order to increase your chances of admittance. We get the highest amount of applications closer to the deadline (so beat the rush!).
Application Process: Just a few easy steps.
Our application process is straightforward:
- You submit your one page application along with a coding challenge.
- Within two weeks of receiving your completed application, you will hear back from us regarding next steps.
- If selected to move forward, you will be invited to interview. (There are 2 rounds of interviews.)
- We will make a final decision within two to five days after your last interview.
Please note: Prior to applying to Hackbright’s Software Engineering Fellowship program, we encourage our candidates to take two online coding classes or engage in the equivalent of 20 hours of coding practice/experience. Our Intro to Programming course is a great option for anyone considering joining the fellowship.
Who is the fellowship for?
Our ideal candidate has an inspired desire to learn software development and wants an immersive environment to become a great software developer. Successful candidates have some introductory exposure to programming prior to the fellowship. Maybe you gave a few programming tutorials a try but you’re eager for a little more structure. You may have even taken a CS class once in high school or you’ve been tinkering with statistics packages.
The most important thing is the desire and dedication to immerse yourself and learn. Students come from all walks of life: finance, arts, publishing, education, sciences, marketing & more.
Check out a few alumnae journeys below for inspiration:
- Sara Falkoff – Account Manager to Software Engineer
- Rachelle Dunn – Designer to Software Engineer
- Sarah Bindman – Analyst to Software Engineer
- Micki Balder – Web Development Intern to Software Engineer
- Alaina Valenzuela – Tech Support to Software Engineer
- Jasmine Tsai – Finance Consultant to Software Engineer
Fellowship Info Session
Want to know more? Have lingering questions that you’re dying to get answered? Want some good food & drinks on a Wednesday evening? We are hosting an Info Session for Prospective Students on Wednesday, October 21st 6:30pm at our HQ in San Francisco. Come by and chat with us! We’ll give you a tour of the academy, introduce you to some of our awesomely supportive instructors, and help you get a feel for how the Software Engineering Fellowship works. Not in town? No worries! We’ll be livestreaming the speaker portion at 6:30pm PST. Use #HBWinter2016 to submit your questions if you can’t make the event in person!
I immediately fell in love with Hackbright: the supportive community, collaborative learning environment, the high number of external partnerships… – Alexandra Dobkin, Hackbright Fellow, Fall 2015
What’s Hackbright Like?
To get a feel for what Hackbright is like, check out the video below. Be sure to apply now or attend our Info Session for Prospective Students on Wednesday, October 21st!
Winter Session: Jan 4 – Mar 25, 2016 | Deadline: Nov 6, 2015
- Admissions Office (24)
- Alum (88)
- Blog (148)
- Career Services (25)
- Diversity (17)
- Engineering Advice (56)
- Hackbright Field Trips (24)
- Hackbright Mentors (21)
- Hackbright News (105)
- Podcast (2)
- Profiles of Woman Engineers (96)
- Recruiting & Hiring (15)
- Resources (33)
- Student Blogs (24)
- Tech (49)
- Thought Piece (19)
- Video (20)