TGIF! This week, we focused on what advice others can give to help support women in tech. For advice on how to land a job to how to guides, read on.
Check back at the end of each week for our Friday finds.
Here’s what we’re reading – February 2, 2018
- Read: So you’re a feminist who works at Uber? by Robin Tolochko for The Bolt. An insider’s perspective into working at Uber. Our favorite takeaway: “Sometimes simply being the only woman in a room full of men helps to create change.”
- Read: How to land a job at Reddit by Abigail Hess at CNBC. The advice in this article stretches far beyond getting a job at Reddit. Use it to brush up on your interviewing and networking skills. We’re also grateful for the shoutout!
- Read: Data Dive: Gender in Coding Bootcamps by Lauren Stewart for Course Report. Course Report is an excellent source of data, information, and reviews for bootcamps. Their recent study on gender parity in coding bootcamps is a great breakdown of the state of gender diversity in tech and highlights the importance of supporting women in tech.
- Read: The Best Jobs To Apply For In 2018 by Karsten Strauss for Forbes. Coding experience is useful for more than Software Engineering. Topping the list for 2018’s hottest jobs: Data Science and DevOps.
- Read: The New Developer’s Guide to Open Source by Robyn Hartung Lundin for Code Like A Girl. If you’ve ever been interested in learning more or contributing to open source software, but been intimidated by the process, this is a wonderfully thorough and approachable guide for how to get started. Bonus: Robyn is a Hackbright grad!
What are you reading, watching, and listening to? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
- Admissions Office (24)
- Alum (90)
- Blog (149)
- Career Services (25)
- Diversity (17)
- Engineering Advice (56)
- Hackbright Field Trips (24)
- Hackbright Mentors (21)
- Hackbright News (105)
- Podcast (2)
- Profiles of Woman Engineers (97)
- Recruiting & Hiring (15)
- Resources (33)
- Student Blogs (24)
- Tech (49)
- Thought Piece (19)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Video (20)