TGIF! We hope you had a wonderful Fourth of July! Give the holiday, this week’s roundup is short and sweet.
Check back at the end of each week for our Friday finds.
Here’s what we’re reading – July 6
- Listen: Code2040’s Karla Montereosso on desegregating the tech industry by Henry Pickavet for TechCrunch. We’re fans of the CTRL+T podcast from TechCrunch. This week’s episode dives into the importance and actions to improve on diversity and representation in the tech industry.
- Read: Women In Tech: The Opinion Of A White Male In Silicon Valley by Daniel Levitt for Forbes. CEO of A.I. search engine Bioz, Daniel Levitt shares his thoughts on the state gender equality in the industry. What do you think about his insights?
- Read: Twitter Beats Back Group-Bias Lawsuit by Female Engineer by Joel Rosenblatt for Bloomberg. Not all news is good news. This Tuesday, a suit by female engineers at Twitter was denied class-action status, which could hinder the suit’s progress and restrict the plaintiffs’ leverage as they go to trial.
What are you reading, watching, and listening to? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
- Admissions Office (24)
- Alum (83)
- Blog (139)
- Career Services (24)
- Diversity (17)
- Engineering Advice (55)
- Hackbright Field Trips (24)
- Hackbright Mentors (20)
- Hackbright News (105)
- Podcast (2)
- Profiles of Woman Engineers (91)
- Recruiting & Hiring (15)
- Resources (33)
- Student Blogs (22)
- Tech (48)
- Thought Piece (18)
- Video (20)