TGIF! This week, in honor of our new Code Reddit Scholarship, we decided to round up the various scholarships available to women who are starting their path toward becoming software engineers. We’d like to share a heartfelt “thank you!” to all the organizations, companies, and individuals who make these opportunities possible.
Check back next week for our standard TGIF recap.
Scholarships for women in tech – April 27
- Code Reddit Scholarship Fund: The Code Reddit Scholarship aims to provide greater access for women to attend Hackbright’s Full-Time and Part-Time Software Engineering Programs. The mission of this fund is to empower more women to gain the skills to enter the industry and #changetheratio for women in tech.
- Phenomenal Woman Scholarship: Hackbright Academy’s own scholarship fund, the Phenomenal Woman Scholarship awards two $8,000 scholarships to women who demonstrate incredible technical ability and dedication to pursing a career in software engineering.
- Edie Windsor Coding Scholarship for Gender Nonconforming & LGBTQ Women: The Edie Windsor Fund makes it possible for new, incoming gender nonconforming and LGBTQ women to kickstart careers in technology. Lesbians Who Tech are working to ensure underrepresented groups have the same opportunities to break into engineering through code schools and bootcamps, which can be more accessible than four-year CS degrees.
- Women Techmakers Scholars Program: Formerly known as the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program, the Women Techmakers Scholars Program is Google’s scholarship working to creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in technology and become leaders and role models in the industry.
- Course Report Scholarships: Course Report is a coding bootcamp directory. They feature thousands of reviews from bootcamp grads, as well as provide resources, news, and tips for people searching for the right bootcamp. They feature a roundup of financing resources, as well as scholarships available for individual bootcamps.
- New Relic Full Scholarship: New Relic offers three full-ride scholarships, plus an additional $5,000 for living expenses, for women in the Portland (OR) Metro Area who would like to pursue a career in software engineering, and attend Hackbright Academy.
- Women Who Code Scholarships: Women Who Code is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring women to excel in technology careers. Their membership offers up to $1,000,000 in conference tickets and scholarships they award annually.
- Engineer Girl Scholarships: Another scholarship roundup, Engineer Girl includes scholarship opportunities for females interested in STEM at all levels. From high school to graduate degrees and continuing education like bootcamps, there are options for every level.
What are you reading, watching, and listening to? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
- Admissions Office (24)
- Alum (95)
- Blog (153)
- Career Services (26)
- Diversity (17)
- Engineering Advice (57)
- Hackbright Field Trips (24)
- Hackbright Mentors (21)
- Hackbright News (105)
- Podcast (2)
- Profiles of Woman Engineers (102)
- Recruiting & Hiring (15)
- Resources (38)
- Student Blogs (24)
- Tech (50)
- Thought Piece (19)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Video (20)