TGIF! This week’s roundup is all about women’s achievements and progress in tech. Who doesn’t love a feel-good Friday?
Check back at the end of each week for our Friday finds.
Here’s what we’re reading – July 20
- Read: OpenTable CEO: #metoo isn’t a woman’s issue, it’s a leadership issue by Julie Bort for Business Insider. Christa Quarles, CEO of OpenTable is a fierce advocate for women in the workplace. Her goal is to get her company and leadership team to 50/50. Learn how she’s addressing the issue, hiring more female engineers, and shutting down the naysayers.
- Read: Black women are breaking barriers in STEM by Lango Deen for Black Engineer. It’s not easy to be the first at anything anymore. But these three inspirational women are breaking into STEM and breaking barriers in the process. Learn about their awesome achievements and how they’re sharing their experiences with a wider audience.
- Read: How developers can negotiate a higher salary in a job interview: 6 tips by Allison DeNisco Rayome for TechRepublic. On the job hunt? This piece from TechRepublic dives into the different negotiating and preparation tactics you can use if you make it to the offer stage. It’s a good refresher for anyone currently in the job search, and useful for those up for promotion too.
- Listen: There’s a massive Women In Tech awards happening in Dublin and it’s all the #inspo by Orlaith Condon for Her. Weekly podcast Girls with Goals discusses Europe’s fastest growing technology summit – celebrating the great achievement of women in their field in a new ceremony this year. Listen for your end-of-week inspiration.
What are you reading, watching, and listening to? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
- Admissions Office (25)
- Alum (97)
- Blog (155)
- Career Services (26)
- Diversity (17)
- Engineering Advice (59)
- Hackbright Field Trips (24)
- Hackbright Mentors (21)
- Hackbright News (105)
- Podcast (2)
- Profiles of Woman Engineers (104)
- Recruiting & Hiring (15)
- Resources (44)
- Student Blogs (24)
- Tech (50)
- Thought Piece (20)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Video (20)