Hackbright Academy is the premier coding school for women located in SF, CA. Hackbright offers a uniquely inclusive and supportive community of teachers, mentors, alumnae and administrators. The environment allows women to experiment and push themselves in a challenging new field while providing the “ambient sense of belonging” that is still absent in many tech companies. Our mission is to the change the ratio of women software engineers.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Counselor role is focused on supporting and counseling students through the admissions process. This person will be responsible for relationship development (this involves multiple interactions) with both Full-Time (Fellowship) and Part-Time applicants on a quarterly basis. As the primary point of contact in the Admissions office; this role requires developing an advanced understanding of the lead and application process and the systems and tools necessary for managing the applicant pipeline. In addition to providing a high level of customer service to help students make fully informed decisions on making this career change. The ideal candidate will bring drive, self motivation, organization, and the ability to remain focused on the right outcomes
This is a full-time position, with full benefits (medical, dental, PTO, 401k match, etc.)
- Build and manage a strong admissions pipeline, by utilizing organization and forecasting methodologies
- Organize/manage the interview process and guide prospects through the admissions process: qualify readiness and fit for the program, investigate and discover needs, understand motivations, present scholarship and financing options with a high level of customer service.
- Leverage automation tools and software applications to manage applicant data
- Organize and train Fellowship alumnae as interviewers.
- Institute and oversee measurement systems to monitor and analyze success of outreach campaigns and recruitment plans.
- Maintaining clean and up to date data, provide weekly admissions data reports.
- Represent Hackbright and Hackbright’s interests to external-facing populations and events.
- Plan, manage and attend recruiting events including, but not limited to info sessions, coffee chats, class visits, conferences, and bay area networking events.
- Assist in the smooth transition of accepted to deposited and then onto enrolled students
- Assist with ad hoc needs of the Admissions team and as other duties as are assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong investigative and listening skills to solve problems and provide solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs
- Driven, self motivated, organized and detail oriented. Ability to remain focused on the right outcomes to think critically in order to build plans of action
- Comfort discussing programming technologies and even some basic technical experience is a positive.
- Proficient with technology and experience with maintaining and updating contact management systems in addition to Microsoft Office Suites and the internet
- Desire to work in a progressive, high energy and achievement-oriented environment.
- Ability to work cross functionally and partner effectively with other departments in the organization.
- Flexibility and willingness to be present at events held at night and on weekends
- Advanced understanding of relationship building, understanding motivations and personal and professional aspirations.
- Proven ability to plan and forecast accurately leveraging technology and reporting tools.
- Demonstrable time management experience and ability to multi-task and manage a variety of daily activities including outbound calling and applicant follow up.
- BA/BS in relevant field; will consider associate’s degree with commensurate experience
- 2+ years of previous professional experience preferably in one of the following fields of interest:
- Consultative inside sales of a complex or intangible product offering
- Higher education admissions
- Recruiting (Technical Recruiting)
- Financial Services
- Educational or training-industry sales
- Fundraising for nonprofit organizations
- Advanced level customer/client counseling or advising
- Displayed track record of advanced performance and ability to meet objectives.
- Ability to work in a goal driven and measured performance environment.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Evidence of organizational accomplishments in a productive and contributive team environment.
- Highly motivated, self starter and able to relate positively and professionally with prospective students and staff.
- Experience representing high-value products and services to a diverse customer base.
- Expertise leveraging customer-tracking software applications and tools.
- High achievement-orientation and drive.
- High service-orientation; strong desire to work in a mission-driven culture and work in the best interests of the students.
- Experience creating and maintaining strong customer relationships.
If you’re interested in joining our team please email your Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com