Scholarship Criteria & Rules
Good news! Hackbright and Women Who Code are partnering to give you two partial scholarships (valued at $8,285 each) for our upcoming 12-week software engineering course! It is the mission of Women Who Code to inspire women to excel in technology careers. Since 2012, Hackbright Academy has graduated 600+ women with the skills to be software engineers, and our goal is to train more women faster. If you’ve wanted to transition into software engineering, now is the time!
Submission Deadline is Wednesday, September 20, 2017. The recipients of the partial-tuition scholarships will be notified Friday, September 22, 2017.
- Must meet Hackbright Academy Admissions requirements
- Must be accepted into and enrolled into the October 12-week software engineering fellowship
How To Apply For the Scholarship
- Submit this scholarship form
- Submit your fellowship application for October (if you haven’t already!)
- October Session Dates: October 2 – December 22, 2017
- As part of the application, you’ll be asked to fill out a Financial Information Form
The winners will be chosen based by the Hackbright Scholarship Committee based on financial need as determined through the Financial Information Form. We’ll also look at the desire for social impact based on answers in our scholarship form.
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” custom_class=”]
Have questions? Email us at email@example.com or give us a call 415-887-2215.
Additional Scholarship Details (including Conditions and Restrictions)
- The Hackbright Scholarship Committee will select scholarship recipients based on eligibility requirements; the content, clarity, and writing of the response to the scholarships form questions; and your responses to the fellowship – financial information form questions.
- The scholarship can be applied only to an eligible program.
- Recipients who discontinue the 12-week fellowship program, complete, or withdraw from Hackbright will have all future scholarship disbursements canceled.
- The partial scholarships will be applied to the recipients’ Hackbright account.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Hackbright grants, scholarships, or discounts.
- The scholarship is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition.
- Recipients must agree to provide feedback or testimonial upon request to Hackbright, which may be used for educational or marketing purposes.
- Hackbright faculty and staff, as well as their spouses, same-sex domestic partners, and dependent children are not eligible for the scholarship.
Please print this page for your records.