About this Position
Hackbright Academy’s driving mission is to change the ratio in engineering and technology by providing the industry with strong, smart, and talented women. We partner with like-minded organizations and companies so that our impact has the farthest possible reach and remain committed to the continued growth in the communities we serve.
We are looking for a Technical Recruiter to source, interview and select qualified job candidates from Hackbright’s pool of alumnae job seekers for placement in roles at Hackbright’s partner companies. The women who graduate from Hackbright are talented, driven, and ready to enter tech and build great products.
This person will play an integral role in ensuring Hackbright’s most recent alumnae secure roles at partner companies. You will reduce time to hire and foster strong relationships with partner companies by providing high-quality candidates in a timely manner.
Responsibilities include placing job ads in various internal channels for alumnae, evaluating applications and providing shortlists of qualified candidates based on established criteria. To be successful in this role, you should have experience filling a variety of technical roles for different seniority levels.
This is a temp position for 6+ months with opportunity for full-time.
- Understand Hackbright’s alumnae pool of qualified engineering candidates to connect with sourced companies for open roles
- Conduct intake meetings with clients to agree on qualification criteria for candidates
- Publish job ads on careers pages, internal job boards and other alumnae channels
- Source and contact passive candidates
- Network with candidates offline
- Screen resumes and provide counsel on hiring criteria
- Interview candidates and provide shortlists of qualified potential hires
- Update students & partners on hiring status (e.g. number of screened candidates, stage of hiring process)
- Prepare candidates for interviews with partner companies
- Create talent pipelines with high-potential partner companies and alumnae candidates for future job opportunities
- Keep detailed records of alumnae and partner company information, including resumes, assignments and interview evaluations
- Manage a portfolio of partner companies and maintain good relationships with them
- Proven work experience as a Staffing Agency Recruiter, Technical Recruiter or similar role
- Ability to manage the first hiring stages (job posting, sourcing, screening, interviewing)
- Experience with various interview formats, including phone screening calls, in-person interviews and group interviews
- Experience evaluating candidates for various technical roles and seniority levels
- Knowledge of resume databases and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Solid organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and persuasion abilities (particularly when making cold calls and sending recruiting emails)
- Time-management skills with the ability to handle multiple open roles simultaneously
- BSc in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology or relevant field
Base Salary + Competitive Commission (commensurate with experience)
We value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.