New Relic + Hackbright Academy Scholarship
Earn a full-ride scholarship + living expenses to the Bay Area’s coding school for women.
New Relic is offering THREE full-ride scholarships plus an additional $5k for living expenses for women in the Portland Metro area who would like a chance to pursue a career in software engineering at Hackbright Academy. The scholarships are exclusively for Portland (Oregon) Metro applicants and the funds are intended to cover tuition and living expenses for those seeking temporary housing while attending Hackbright Academy in San Francisco.
Submission Deadline is Thursday, September 14, 2017. Applicants will be notified of next steps on Friday, September 15, 2017.
About New Relic: New Relic is a software analytics company that delivers real-time insights to more than 1 million users and 13,000 paid business accounts. The organization helps companies improve application performance, create delightful customer experiences, and realize business success. They are committed to expanding the representation and participation of diverse individuals and groups in their company, their industry and the communities in which they live. They believe meaningful diversity and inclusion are key to unleashing their greatest work as individuals and as a company. Their scholarship is intended to provide women the opportunity to launch a career in tech through Hackbright Academy!
- Must meet Hackbright Academy Admissions requirements
- The scholarship is exclusively for Portland (Oregon) Metro applicants
- Must be accepted into the October 12-week software engineering fellowship
How To Apply For the Scholarship
- Submit this scholarship form
- Submit your fellowship application for October (if you haven’t already!)
- October Session Dates: October 2 – December 22, 2017
- As part of the application, you’ll be asked to fill out a Financial Information Form
Applicants who have been admitted into Hackbright will be asked to interview with New Relic representatives at New Relic offices in Portland. The winners will be chosen by the Hackbright Scholarship Committee based on financial need as determined through the Financial Information Form. We’ll also look at the desire for social impact based on answers in our scholarship form.
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call 415-887-2215.
Additional Scholarship Details (including Conditions and Restrictions)
- The Hackbright Scholarship Committee will select scholarship recipients based on eligibility requirements; the content, clarity, and writing of the response to the scholarships form questions; and your responses to the fellowship – financial information form questions.
- The scholarship can be applied only to an eligible program.
- Application information and scholarship information will be shared with New Relic.
- Recipients who discontinue the 12-week fellowship program, complete, or withdraw from Hackbright will have all future scholarship disbursements canceled.
- The full scholarships will be applied to the recipients’ Hackbright account.
- Recipients who do not use the full scholarship award will not be eligible for a cash disbursement or any other compensation equal to the value of the scholarship award.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for other Hackbright grants, scholarships, or discounts.
- The scholarship is intended to address your cost of attendance, including, but not limited to, tuition.
- Recipients must agree to provide feedback or testimonial upon request to Hackbright, which may be used for educational or marketing purposes.
- Hackbright faculty and staff, as well as their spouses, same-sex domestic partners, and dependent children are not eligible for the scholarship.
Please print this page for your records.